3d Modeler/Structural Drafter
Bensonwood is a national leader and innovator in the design and building of timber frame, hybrid and light framed, panelized homes. With a 40 year history, we have a large portfolio of unique residential and commercial projects located throughout the US and abroad. Our dynamic company culture is supported by a collaborative team environment.
Benson Woodworking Company, a building company valuing continuous improvement and high performance in a dynamic employee-oriented company culture, seeks an energetic entry level engineer. This is an opportunity to make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients and the reputation of the company.
- Assist Engineers and other designers and staff in the development of 3d models to be used by the design and construction team throughout project process.
- Provide technical advice regarding design and construction alternatives to prospective clients.
- B.S. in architectural engineering or product design.
- Information Modeling Computer Aided Design study or experience
- Construction experience preferred
- The ability to visualize dimensionally in three dimensions with great spatial perception
- Understanding of structural principles
- An innate desire to build beautiful things
- A knowledge of Architecture, both historical and contemporary
Additional attributes for success
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- complete assignments accurately
- organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- work independently and within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Positive team player with strong problem-solving skills and ability to positively motivate team to accomplish goals
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range for this role is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include: health insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, and 401(k)
Resume, cover letter and PDF of work sample required.