Kent Hicks Construction Company is seeking an experienced Carpenter to join our team!
We specialize in building energy efficient homes; Passivhaus new-build, Deep Energy Retrofits of existing structures, and high-performance historical restoration. Our projects include a mix of high-end and affordable homes, and thus require a strong attention to both detail and cost-effectiveness.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3-6 years frame-to-finish carpentry experience; possess tools, reliable transportation, and be motivated to demonstrate high quality work, strong leadership skills, and a can-do attitude. Previous experience in high performance is preferred, Alternatively, a willingness to learn and a strong ability to process information quickly and accurately is required.
We offer competitive pay scale, paid holidays, IRAs, and a friendly, stimulating environment. Our projects are primarily in the Hampshire and Franklin counties, but we are beginning to work in Berkshire county as well. Whenever possible, we have our workers on sites that are closest to their homes.
- Perform work consistently and expediently
- Complete work accurately; fix any mistakes made
- Communicate work to project Foreman and/or lead carpenter
- Support a positive work environment
- Support timely completion of job tasks on site
- Be able to work with all site personnel
- Support site safety
- Promote efficiency on site
- Identify issues of concern, communicate to foreman
- Site organization
- Site cleanliness
- Positive attitude and can-do spirit, whatever is asked
- Maintain tool performance, organization, and maintenance
Please submit resume and application and 3 professional references