The Distinguished Service Award recognizes a NESEA Member who has made a significant contribution to the organization.
Nominee must be a living NESEA Member (including unsung heroes, staff, volunteers, visionaries).
- Nominee has made a significant contribution of time and service to NESEA and its mission over a period of time.
- Nominee has exhibited a range of contributions and character of service (including leadership and volunteerism), and in so doing reveals that range as an example to the community.
Goals of this Award
- Acknowledges the diversity of the community.
- Acknowledges the legacy of service to the community.
- Encourages continued service in the role of organizational elder and steward of the community’s institutional memory.
- Provides a ritual of recognition celebrating the caliber and character of those whose service is exemplary.
- Maintains a record of that service over time.
The award is presented during NESEA Night at the BuildingEnergy Boston conference.
The nomination period for the Distinguished Service Award is announced through our Members Monthly newletter.
Questions: Contact Katie Schendel, email@example.com.
Past Winners of the Distinguished Service Award (1993-Present)
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.