The Distinguished Service Award recognizes a NESEA Member who has made a significant contribution to the organization.
Nominee must be a living NESEA Member (including unsung heroes, staff, volunteers, visionaries).
- Nominee has made a significant contribution of time and service to NESEA and its mission over a period of time.
- Nominee has exhibited a range of contributions and character of service (including leadership and volunteerism), and in so doing reveals that range as an example to the community.
Goals of this Award
- Acknowledges the diversity of the community.
- Acknowledges the legacy of service to the community.
- Encourages continued service in the role of organizational elder and steward of the community’s institutional memory.
- Provides a ritual of recognition celebrating the caliber and character of those whose service is exemplary.
- Maintains a record of that service over time.
The award is presented during NESEA Night at the BuildingEnergy Boston conference.
Nominations are due January 25, 2019. In order to access the nomination form, you must be a current NESEA Member and be logged in to your nesea.org account. You can create an account here and access the nomination form here.
Questions: Contact Katie Schendel, email@example.com.
Past Winners of the Distinguished Service Award
|2009||Read the Award Inscription|
Steve and Janice Kurkoski
|2008||Read the Award Inscription|
|2007||Read the Award Inscription|
|2006||Read the Award Inscription|
Mark Kelley, III
|2005||Read the Award Inscription|
|Jamie Wolf||2004||Read the Award Inscription|
|Henry Vandermark||2003||Read the Award Inscription|
Richard Gottlieb and Carol Levin
|2002||Read the Award Inscription|
|Joel Gordes||2001||Read the Award Inscription|
|Bruce Coldham||2000||Read the Award Inscription|
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.