For outstanding service to NESEA …
Since 1993, the annual Distinguished Service Award has recognized a NESEA member who has made a significant contribution to the organization.
The Distinguished Service Award…
- Recognizes a significant contribution of time and service to NESEA and its mission by a living member of the organization over a period of time.
- Recognizes a range of contributions and character of service (including leadership, volunteerism, unsung heroes, staff, visionaries, etc.) and in so doing reveals that range as an example to the community.
- Acknowledges the diversity of the community.
- Acknowledges the legacy of service to the community.
- Encourages continued service in the role of organizational elder and steward of the community’s institutional memory.
- Provides a ritual of recognition celebrating the caliber and character of those whose service is exemplary.
- Maintains a record of that service over time.
- Connects these leaders as a group that continues to offer service to NESEA.
If you would like to submit a nomination for the 2017 award, please do so here. The nomination period will be open through January 30, 2017.
The award is presented at the BuildingEnergy Boston Conference + Trade Show.
Past Winners of the Distinguished Service Award
|Jamie Wolf||2004||Read the Award Inscription|
Mark Kelley, III
|2005||Read the Award Inscription|
|2006||Read the Award Inscription|
|2007||Read the Award Inscription|
Steve and Janice Kurkoski
|2008||Read the Award Inscription|
|2009||Read the Award Inscription|
|Andrew Padian||2010||Read the Award Inscription|
|William Stillinger||2011||Read the Award Inscription|
|Fred Unger||2012||Read the Award Inscription|
|Chris Benedict||2013||Read the Award Inscription|
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.