We’re a timber frame, heavy timber, and high-performance enclosure company looking for a designer skilled in modeling and architecture to work with our West Coast Operation in Portland, OR. The successful candidate will have strong structure modeling knowledge, AutoCAD skills, understanding of construction plans & processes, and a good way with clients.
This role will support our timber frame architectural design and engineering efforts with special focus on sales modeling and concepting. You will interface between these various teams and face-to-face with clients to produce drawings and models. You’ll also be able to enjoy a good timber frame raising here and there! There is possibility to work remotely.
- Draft, design, model, and detail residential home plans in CAD, RevIt, and/or SketchUp
- Create and adjust sales models based on client and coworker requirements
- Communicate clearly between internal design, engineering, and timber framing teams–and with clients
- Help manage timelines and client expectation
Desired but not required:
- Experience with reclaimed wood, fine woodworking, or timber frames is a bonus.
- Engineering, architecture, interior design, or similar schooling.
- The ability to tell a good joke, enjoy a good meal, and laugh with your coworkers.
This position is full year, full-time plus with on-the-job training and remote work opportunities.
We operate on the triple bottom line philosophy putting equal emphasis on people, planet, and profits and we believe in the community of our co-workers. We offer a great benefits package with 70% company-paid medical, paid holidays and vacation, vision, dental, and a matching 401K plan. We are a 30% Employee-Owned (ESOP) company on our way to 100%, and when appropriate, we enjoy company-wide profit-sharing.
We actively seek to build an inclusive and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life are welcomed. We don't discriminate for all the right reasons, but are partial to folks with lots of common sense.
Think you’re a good fit, please apply today. https://newenergyworks.com/job-postings
Think you’d like to join us, but are not sure about your experience? Send us some details about what you have done and why you’d like to become part of our team. We’re glad to consider you!