Unity is a small company with a big mission: to make high performance homes the norm rather than the exception for new construction. We’re making good progress thanks to a great team, inspired vision, a supportive company culture and plenty of hard work. Unity is seeking an architectural designer/drafter to help us serve the growing market for our homes.
As a member of Unity’s design team, this person will develop and document residential project designs using Cadwork software.
- Prepare accurate 3D B.I.M. models and thorough construction documents, for Unity’s clients, builders and prefabrication shops.
- Coordinate with the project team to optimize the efficiency of the process and the completeness of the documentation
- Proficiency in 3D B.I.M. software (Autocad, Cadwork, Revit), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of design-build processes and high performance construction details
- 3+ years of experience in construction, architectural, or design-build office
- 1+ CAD experience
- Degree in design, building science or architecture is beneficial, but not required
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with skills and project experience, in the range of $45-$55K
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing
- This position is full-time, and would typically be based out of Unity’s offices in Walpole, NH. All members of Unity’s design team are currently working remotely
To learn more about Unity Homes and to apply online, visit https://unityhomes.com/careers/