The primary responsibility of the Director of C&I Sales is to support C&I sales team to advance the social and environmental mission, vision and values of the organization by setting and achieving its C&I sales volume targets. ReVision Energy’s C&I sales team is responsible for marketing, targeting, prospecting, lead generation, customer education, proposal delivery, contract negotiations and project closing for commercial and utility scale project development. This position will work closely with the VP of Business Development and C&I Sales Coordinator to ensure we are executing our market strategies across multiple states and services.
• Understands state solar policies in ReVision’s markets (ME, NH and MA) and identifies targeting strategy based on market opportunities and key segments created by the policy.
• Develops marketing strategy with marketing and feedback from C&I sales team, including Customer and project profile.
• Ensures CRM process
• Manages reporting tools and reports team performance/progress against C&I sales and marketing plan, including KPIs in each target market and hiring/resource plan
• Schedules, sets agenda for and chairs regular team meetings, including reporting on sales activity, process updates, and training of sales team.
• Creates and refines sales tools and processes to maximize the sales team's effectiveness.
• Provides deal-closing support for C&I sales team at customer-facing close calls and/or meetings.
• Is responsible for individual C&I sales team member sales/technical skill and policy/market knowledge development to maximize sales team efficiency, including bi-annual performance reviews.
• Acts as liaison for C&I sales, working directly with VP of Business Development to ensure company priorities within each market and technologies are being met.
• Experience in sales, preferably in the renewable energy sector
• Strong understanding of federal and state renewable energy finance and incentive programs
• Mastery of project finance techniques
• Strong interpersonal skills: Teamwork, Collaboration
• Highly organized: Ability to multi-task, set priorities, attention to detail.
• Independent: Sets priorities based on urgency and importance
• Creative/Innovative: Skilled problem-solver.
• Efficient: Produces significant output with minimal waste.
• High Standards: Expects perfection from personal and team performance.
• Flexible: Adjusts to, copes with changing priorities and conditions.
• Technical Skills: Advanced competence with computer-based programs, including Excel, Word, email, web-based applications and Customer Relationship Management Databases and reporting tools.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desired but not required):
• Renewable Energy market experience, including understanding of renewable energy financing and incentives.
• Master in Business Administration (MBA)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
About ReVision Energy
With 5 locations across 3 states, ReVision Energy is Northern New England’s largest energy transition company with 275+ co-owners. As a 100% employee owned certified B. Corp, our mission is to help people, business, and institutions transition away from fossil fuels to sustainable solar energy systems of the highest quality.