Uncarved Block focuses on building custom new homes in the Berkshires. All of our projects include various energy-efficiency features, such as superinsulation, net zero energy, or Passive House requirements. Many of our projects are timber framed, and we offer the opportunity to be trained in traditional timber frame techniques. We have several exciting projects coming up, and the opportunity for advancement in skills and position. Work is full time, year-round. You can see our work at www.uncarvedblockinc.com.
Uncarved Block’s Mission:
- To make amazing spaces (with great people, for great people)
A Lead Carpenter is responsible for:
- Managing and directing tasks of all crew members and subcontractors on site to ensure efficiency, productivity, safety.
- Estimating, scheduling, and material ordering in conjunction with the PM
- A high attention to detail
- A minimum of 6-10 years of carpentry experience
- Excellent technical skills and familiarity with tools and techniques
- Excellent problem-solving skills, as we’re often working with new materials and methods
- Able to lead a team of carpenters and subcontractors
- Able to enter daily job logs into project management software
- Crew management and lead carpenter experience required.
- Ability to read and execute work based on drawings.
- Self-starter mentality and a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to new construction techniques.
- Able to recognize and resolve problems by making quick, accurate decisions and takes responsibility for decisions.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and loyalty towards the team.
- Seeks faster and better ways to perform work, eliminate waste, save time, service clients and improve efficiency.
- Maintains friendly relations with the public at all times.
- Open to suggestion and training on the job to improve performance.
- Able to work well in a team setting.
- Great communication skills.
- $32-42/hr, depending on experience
- Benefits include paid holidays, personal days, and SIMPLE IRA
- Continuing education is very important at UB, and we offer both in-house and external professional training
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Please submit professional references, photos of work, and/or resume to Brad Morse, firstname.lastname@example.org.