Energy Management Systems (EMS) moving into the future. And fast. We want you to join us. For 36 years, Energy Management Systems (EMS) has worked as a trusted partner providing comprehensive energy solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be regarded by owners and property managers as the premier provider of comprehensive energy solutions for commercial and multi-family properties throughout the US. EMS is constantly evolving to bring the best energy products and solutions to our customers.
EMS is a company with high integrity that truly recognizes the value of each employee and is committed to investing in every team member. We offer a fast paced, ever changing and vibrant culture all within an established organization. We actively pursue professionals who understand best-in-class service and who have the vision to help us innovate and lead with sustainable solutions.
We are currently seeking a National Account Manager in the New York/New England area to sell utility expense management, submetering and related energy services to the commercial real estate sector. The candidate will develop and sell our core services of UEM, submeter equipment installations and upgrades and utility billing and related services including energy procurement and energy efficiency upgrades to the commercial real estate market in the New York/New England Territory with a concentration in New York City. EMS has a robust customer base, and will provide a constant flow of leads. The successful candidate will multiply those leads with each new contact.
Sought Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, preferably in a business discipline.
- 5+ years of successful consultative business-to-business sales experience.
- Advanced knowledge of energy solutions. Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics)
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior product and service.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong rapport building skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills with flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong selling / closing and marketing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording/handling client and project information.
- Excellent judgment/decision making skills.
- Ability to accurately assess individual situations and draw on prior knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills to come up with successful solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to identify critical activities and tasks and adjust priorities to meet client goals and objectives.
- Ability to overcome obstacles to gain access to key personnel.
- Excellent selling/persuasion/presentation skills.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- A basic knowledge of metering and/or electrical/mechanical systems and/or commercial energy issues preferred.
- LEED and/or other energy related building certifications preferred.
- A strong network in the New York City real estate market preferred.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Rapidly learn the technical fundamentals of our core services of utility expense management, submetering and utility billing for residential and commercial real estate properties, a working knowledge of meter variables, as well as the fundamentals of all accretive service offerings including energy procurement and energy efficiency upgrades.
- Gain proficiency in the EMS CRM, and related custom programs.
- Respond to EMS provided leads for submetering projects, meter reading/billing projects and utility/energy surveys and audits, develop technical proposals, and pursue to closed sale.
- Develop new lead channels.
- Attend industry events
- Competitive pay and incentive structure
- Health Insurance – 86% funded for Single Base Plan by EMS
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Long Term & Short Term Disability Plans
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Company cell phone & laptop
- 401K Retirement Plan