The position in a nutshell:
Manage a portfolio of maintenance, repairs and small-scale renovations for existing clients. Maintain a high standard of client communication, scheduling, budget, and quality. Lead a team. For a detailed job description, visit southmountain.com/who-we-are/careers/.
Why is this role important for SMCo’s work:
We don’t see our work as being done once we complete a project. We take great pride in maintaining relationships with past clients and being there for them when they need us. The task of a Service & Renovation Lead is to foster these connections through the care of our past projects.
What does SMCo offer?
We are a mission-driven certified B-Corp, a worker-owned cooperative, and a triple bottom line company. We strive to create an exemplary workplace dedicated to helping you thrive both professionally and personally. We see every new employee as a future owner. The opportunity for ownership becomes available in year five, earning you an equal voice, vote, and equity. We provide extraordinary compensation including a family-friendly benefits package and profit sharing.
- Minimum: ten years work experience as caretaker, contractor, or frame to finish carpenter
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Broad and deep experience assessing and working on existing buildings
- Experience defining and troubleshooting a scope and sequence of work
- Ability to plan and perform work in highly finished and owner-occupied spaces
- Understanding of building science and ability to implement high performance detailing
- Sufficient knowledge to coordinate HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other skilled trades on project site
- Substantial computer experience, including fluency with Microsoft Office and other digital tools
We are accepting applications now through May 1st. To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Explain why you may be a good fit for this role and how your talent would make an impact at SMCo.
After submitting your application, you will hear back from our Director of Production, Newell Isbell Shinn. He will collect applications over several weeks, then schedule interviews.