ReVision Energy is a B Corporation and is 100% Employee Owned. We are a Renewable Energy company that is mission driven, offering full-service design, engineering, and installation with an unmatched depth of experience in Northern New England. Our company has been ranked #1 in New England for rooftop solar installation and our work has been featured in industry magazines such as Solar Pro.
Since our founding in 2003, ReVision has grown from two guys in a garage to more than 200 employees across five locations in ME, NH, and MA. Our success is centered around a hiring philosophy of attracting exceptional, self-motivated individuals and empowering them to be the best professionals in the Renewable Energy Industry.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
ReVision Energy is seeking a Vice President of Business Development to support its distributed generation (DG) clean energy infrastructure project development and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracting business. The DG business is the fastest growing business unit within ReVision Energy and its success is imperative to achieving ReVision Energy’s mission of accelerating the clean energy transition in northern New England. We are looking for a collaborative problem–solver who enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and rapidly changing business environment.
This position will be based in our South Portland, Maine corporate headquarters. The VP of Business Development will be responsible for leading ReVision’s DG clean energy infrastructure business development efforts in both existing and new northern New England markets. This position will be responsible for identifying opportunities for business expansion in existing markets as well as strategies to enter new adjacent markets. In collaboration with other functional team leaders in ReVision’s DG clean energy infrastructure business unit (including sales, development, project finance, engineering, procurement and construction), this position will define the best market opportunities based on market constraints as well as ReVision’s core competencies. The VP of business development will be responsible for cradle to grave execution of the selected market strategies.
In addition, this position will be responsible for managing the performance of the DG clean energy infrastructure business unit alongside the VP of Operations. Performance management will include leading the annual budgeting process, developing KPIs for functional teams and tracking progress against budget. Further, the VP of Business Development will be responsible for supporting the DG clean energy infrastructure business unit by identifying the need for additional tools, resources and processes to maximize the operational effectiveness of the business unit.
The ideal candidate will have a mastery of the principles of Program Management such as formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhance customer satisfaction, build positive relationships, improve profitability and support the generation of additional business opportunities. The ideal candidate will also understand the fundamentals of project finance, the basic principles of deal structuring, and the framework of DG clean energy infrastructure investment valuation methods and sensitivities. A successful candidate will draw upon this knowledge base and prior experience as the basis for their market development efforts. Additionally, the VP of Business Development will be highly skilled in stakeholder facilitation, strategic risk management and has an instinct for effective deal-making.
Responsibilities include leadership of the commercial business unit’s business development activities including sales, project development and project finance:
• Performs policy analysis in current and new market geography.
• Identifies new markets based on policy, regulatory, development, project finance, customer, technical and operational constraints.
• Defines products that will be sold in each market based on constraints and sets volume targets in each geography and submarket.
• Facilitates the creation of tools, develops processes and mobilizes resources required to support existing markets, enter new markets and meet volume targets.
• Provides budgeting/planning leadership, manages progress against budget
• Develops/implements new process, cross-functional team projects, as well as IT solutions: CRM, ERP, project management tool, estimating tool.
• Sets/manages business unit leadership agenda, facilitates meetings, frames/makes risk decisions
• Monitors/Optimizes development portfolio performance, directs/manages value engineering process
• Frames/makes deal metric decisions: risk/cost shifting in contracts, acceptable margins
• Provides deal-closing support for large investor contracts (APA/EPC) Turnkey EPC contracts and Large Offtake contracts- leads contract negotiations.
• MBA, and/or 5+ years in business or market development leadership role, preferably in renewable energy or related industry.
• Mastery of renewable energy project finance techniques
• Experience negotiating renewable energy development, financing and construction contracts (APA/MIPA, EPC, PPA)
• Strong understanding of federal and state renewable energy finance and incentive programs, energy tariffs, federal and state tax law, property tax issues, and public utility law;
• Highly organized & have ability to multi-task and set priorities;
• Strong competence with Computer including Excel, Word, archiving, email and web based applications;
• Good at problem solving;
• Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment;
• Effectively coordinate and communicate with others (customers and co-workers);
• Ability to succeed in a fast paced, community environment;
• Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal waste ;
• Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish collaborative working relationships;
• High Standards – expects personal performance to be nothing short of the best;
• Code of Conduct – you will work directly with customers and the public, you will sign and live up to our Code of Conduct
• Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change ;
• Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.