We are: Relentless Seekers, Passionate Advocators, Impactful Improvers.
We like to stand out, and we need to stand out, as individuals and as a team. We want our message to be heard, and our mission to advance. Every sale is another step towards better and smarter buildings, and towards a future that will sustain us all. We celebrate and share our successes, and we cherish the unique personal financial position that we can achieve, and the positive impacts that each and everyone of us can have.
Position Mission: DXS New England is growing at a pace beyond our imagination. We are positioned better than anyone to feed, grow and educate the construction industry, following New England’s aggressive goals for all-electric, low-carbon and high-performance buildings. Your mission is to quickly learn and understand our underlying core technologies (inverter air-source heat pumps and energy recovery), and to become the go-to intelligence resource on these topics for the diverse stakeholders of construction projects. If someone is involved in a high-performance building in our region, your mission is to get the phone call from anyone involved, to discuss better options for that building’s largest energy user and emissions producer: the HVAC system.
By joining DXS, you will be challenged to learn quickly and independently as you dive into HVAC and VRV equipment selections, equipment layouts, pricing and quotations under the guidance of experienced salespeople. As you successfully advance through your training and career at DXS, you will get involved in site visits, design sessions, job closings, talking to customers directly, customer entertainment and more.
DXS takes great pride in its mentorship approach to learning which provides valuable hands-on learning. Those that thrive in this type of working/learning environment become full-time outside sales people.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Were inspired and excited about the DXS story, and the above mission
- Have an extremely high technical aptitude and desire to learn and become an expert
- Have a love for selling with grit and perseverance – we challenge convention!
- Have an entrepreneurial drive and desire to succeed, bringing enthusiasm, passion, and energy to the table.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Enjoy talking to others, building new relationships, interacting with suppliers, customers and coworkers
- Are proficient with all basic MS software, and have the ability to learn new desktop and web based software quickly
- Have an engineering background (BS/BA or AS degree in Engineering) and have an interest in HVAC equipment and systems, in building energy efficiency, and in the reduction of our general carbon emissions (in both your personal and professional life)
- An independent work environment in a small team comprised of experienced engineers
- An opportunity for very high and uncapped income as a successful outside salesperson, and to reach financial independence.
- A long list of annual team building and customer entertainment events, both locally and away, including unique experiences and activities.
- An impressive roster of learning opportunities:
- The construction industry, the bid & spec and design build procurment processes, the positions and responsibilities of owners, developers, project managers, architects, consulting engineers, general contractors, sub-contractors, manufacturer’s representatives and manufacturers in the construction process
- HVAC systems and equipment, and low-carbon building solutions
- The genuine and co-operative sales approach
- A diverse, fun and dynamic team-based work environment
- Pay: $60,000 – $80,000 per year
- Commission based bonuses within a few years of employment, eventually reaching well into the multiple six figures for successful individuals.
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Vacation time
- Available for more senior staff
- We are very well setup for remote work, however we highly promote in-office work for proper mentoring and learning of new hires.
- Some of our newer staff (1-2 years) do already work a day or two from home, but many voluntarily come to the office all week to increase productivity, accelerate learning and their path towards commission bonuses