The request for proposals for BuildingEnergy Boston 2019 closed on August 23, 2018. Questions? Contact Susan Farber, Conference Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 774-6051 ext. 17.
|Call for Proposals
August 24–November 16
|Notification of Status
Want to help transform the built environment by putting your ideas in front of hundreds of professionals looking to improve their practices? Then submit a session proposal for this year's BuildingEnergy Boston Conference + Trade Show, to be held March 13-15, 2019. The deadline to submit is August 23.
The theme of BuildingEnergy Boston 2019 is Know-How. This year's Conference Chairs invite you to propose sessions that focus on practical skills and immediately applicable knowledge—the innovations you’re working on now, your recent lessons learned, the skills you wish all your colleagues had. Your session should boldly claim, "To build the world we need—a thriving, sustainable, equitable one—this is how we get it done."
Areas of Focus
NESEA’s mission is to advance the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn. We envision a built environment in the Northeast that is climate neutral, adaptive and resilient, energy independent, architecturally inspiring, and supportive of connection and community.
We seek proposals that support this mission and vision, within the following areas of focus:
|Multifamily||Energy Production & Storage|
|Commercial||Health & Comfort|
|Institutional||Cities, Communities, Place|
|New Construction||Beyond Energy (ex. water, materials)|
|Retrofit||Standards in Action (ex. LBC, NZE, PH)|
|Design & Construction Process||Codes|
|Building Envelope, Building Science||Policy|
|Mechanical Systems & Lighting||Finance|
About the Review Process
Proposals will be reviewed and vetted by a volunteer NESEA-member content committee to ensure that conference sessions are data-driven, diverse, and genuinely useful to attendees. Successful proposals:
- Feature sustainable and high-performance building practices, techniques, solutions, and/or governance.
- Present innovative material and ideas.
- Have rich data to support claims.
- Avoid focusing on specific, proprietary products and/or services.
- May describe learning from mistakes as well as from successes.
- May offer a more interactive format beyond simply a lecture and/or slides.
- May be designed for a specific audience and level of expertise.
- Are comprehensive and complete upon submission.
Keep in Mind...
Please keep a few things in mind before you submit a proposal:
- You must be logged in to your nesea.org account to create a proposal (membership is not required to have an account).
- This allows you to save your proposal as a draft and come back to work on it as often as you like before submitting.
- NESEA does not cover travel or lodging expenses for speakers.
- If you would like to work on your proposal as a team before submitting, this document contains a list of the fields you will be asked to fill out once you are logged in to your nesea.org account.