The Distinguished Service Award recognizes a NESEA Member who has made a significant contribution to the organization.
Nominee must be a living NESEA Member (including unsung heroes, staff, volunteers, visionaries).
- Nominee has made a significant contribution of time and service to NESEA and its mission over a period of time.
- Nominee has exhibited a range of contributions and character of service (including leadership and volunteerism), and in so doing reveals that range as an example to the community.
Goals of this Award
- Acknowledges the diversity of the community.
- Acknowledges the legacy of service to the community.
- Encourages continued service in the role of organizational elder and steward of the community’s institutional memory.
- Provides a ritual of recognition celebrating the caliber and character of those whose service is exemplary.
- Maintains a record of that service over time.
The award is presented during NESEA Night at the BuildingEnergy Boston conference.
The nomination period is announced prior to the BuildingEnergy Boston conference.
Questions: Contact Katie Schendel, email@example.com.
Past Winners of the Distinguished Service Award (1993-Present)
|Alex Wilson||1993||Read the Award Inscription|
|Drew Gillett||1994||Read the Award Inscription|
|1996||Read the Award Inscription|
|Steven Strong||1997||Read the Award Inscription|
|John Abrams||1998||Read the Award Inscription|
|1999||Read the Award Inscription|
|Bruce Coldham||2000||Read the Award Inscription|
|Joel Gordes||2001||Read the Award Inscription|
Richard Gottlieb and Carol Levin
|2002||Read the Award Inscription|
|Henry Vandermark||2003||Read the Award Inscription|
|Jamie Wolf||2004||Read the Award Inscription|
Mark Kelley, III
|2005||Read the Award Inscription|
|2006||Read the Award Inscription|
|2007||Read the Award Inscription|
Steve and Janice Kurkoski
|2008||Read the Award Inscription|
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.