Rose Companies is one of the country’s leading developers and investors in sustainable, affordable, and mixed- income multifamily real estate. The company’s mission is to strengthen communities of opportunity by developing innovative real estate solutions that build value, enhance resilience, and cultivate well-being.
Since its founding in 1989, the firm has been recognized for design excellence and for creating successful models that enhance the ability of our residents, and the communities they live in, to thrive. The firm’s innovative work has modeled widely duplicated solutions and won awards from a wide range of notable organizations, including the Urban Land Institute, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the American Planning Association, the American Institute of Architects, and many others.
Rose Companies is a leader in developing beautiful, green affordable and mixed-income projects that help equalize the landscape of opportunity for all. The Development Group is currently developing projects in New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Athens, Los Angeles, and San Francisco and is actively pursuing large, multi-phase projects in select markets across the country.
We are seeking a Summer Intern to join our industry-leading Environmental Impact group working to transform the built environment toward a low-carbon, healthy resilient future. The position will have an opportunity to deploy relevant existing technical skills in a professional setting and gain new experience and skills. The position will be responsible for designing and executing a deliverable-based research project that supports the priorities of the Environmental Impact Department. The Position will also participate in the development and evaluation of a building decarbonization strategy for the portfolio. Works closely with the Director of Environmental Impact and Sustainability Project Managers to assist in a variety of projects, as needed, to advance the goals of the company including vetting new materials, technologies, and practices, assembling lessons learned, and conducting research.
Main Job Functions:
- Design and lead a research project in coordination with the priorities of the Environmental Impact team.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of a building decarbonization plan for a national portfolio of existing affordable multifamily properties.
- Assist Environmental Impact team in assembling best practices, lessons learned, standard specifications and materials, and project costs, identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Conduct research to identify and vet healthy building materials, operational best practices, and new sustainable building technologies.
- Assist in sustainability aspects of ground-up development, renewable energy projects, and retrofit projects as needed.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering Architecture or Business
- MS Office Suite
- Experience with or knowledge of Enterprise Green Communities Certification, LEED Certification, and/or other green building certification criteria
- Demonstrated skill in organizing and managing time to meet project schedules and deadlines, and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to constantly build upon existing knowledge to empower design, construction, property teams, and vendors to meet desired project goals
- Written and oral communications skills with demonstrated ability to educate groups about new ideas and concepts
Rose Companies COVID-19 Vaccine Message:
For the health and wellness of its workforce, those entering its workplaces, and the communities in which it operates, Rose Companies Employer (“Rose Companies”) is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs or unless otherwise prohibited by law and/or pursuant to those covered under a collective bargaining agreement.
Rose Companies is committed in policy and practice to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees, based upon their training, experience, and overall qualifications. Consistent with this commitment, discrimination against an applicant or employee based upon the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other condition or characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited.
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/JON1002JROSE/JobBoard/c51a28c6-10aa-402e-...