BuildingEnergy NYC 2023 Request for Proposals
Conference Theme: Deconstructing Decarbonization
After decades of incremental change, hard work, and some setbacks along the way, we now have the tools, expertise, and capital available to drastically reduce building-related carbon emissions and make a lasting impact in our communities. With new, landmark policy and climate funding initiatives under development, systemic change from the private sector to all levels of government feels more within reach than ever before. Everyone in our field, whether we work in finance, design, construction, or operations, has a role to play. The monumental task to accelerate emissions reduction strategies has inspired this year’s BuildingEnergy NYC conference theme: Deconstructing Decarbonization.
We are seeking proposals for conference sessions that break down the decarbonization process from beginning to end, including policy, design, financing, inclusive workforce development, construction, and paths to reaching deeper change at scale. Strategies for decarbonization must not only combat the climate crisis, but must also benefit the people who live in, work out of, and maintain our buildings. In addition to sessions that generally relate to this theme, we are specifically interested in proposals that address:
- Decarbonization, electrification, and repurposing of existing building stock
- Solutions grounded in real-life data and case studies
- Collaboration and integration of finance, design, and stakeholder engagement
- Embodied carbon reduction in buildings and infrastructure
- Equitable electrification, considering both grid transition and end user benefits
- Scaling and training the next generation workforce
About the Review Process
- Feature sustainable and high-performance building practices, solutions, or governance.
- Present innovative material and ideas.
- Have rich data to support claims.
- Avoid focusing on specific, proprietary products or services.
- Describe learning from mistakes as well as from successes.
- Are designed to actively engage attendees in dialogue.
- Include diverse speakers and panelists.
- Are comprehensive and complete upon submission.