The Green Engineer, Inc. is a sustainable design consulting firm located in Concord, MA with expertise in cost effective, high-performance design. One of the pioneers of green engineering, for over twelve years we have worked with leading architects, builders, commercial owners, non-profits and the government sector to provide consulting services around sustainable building design, LEED certification, energy modeling, and more. We are an employee-owned MA Benefit Corporation, recognized as “Best for the World” for our environmental performance by B Lab.
We are seeking an individual with a passion for sustainable building design and construction to join our team as an Assistant Project Manager. The APM is a key team member who will assist our Project Managers and Building Performance Analysts in planning, management, work delivery, and communication for all aspects of sustainable design guidance including navigation through the LEED/CHPS/WELL certification process. This entry level position is an excellent opportunity to work with a proven team of sustainability experts on projects ranging from small commercial tenant fit-outs to high profile multi-million dollar new construction projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Project Manager with daily duties including managing and scheduling client meetings, developing sustainability plans, creating and updating the project LEED Master matrix.
- Maintaining project records and ensuring that documents are accurate, complete and appropriately filed.
- Attend client meetings to communicate rating system requirements and provide project specific strategies for achieving sustainability goals.
- Supporting client and external team throughout the project, including communication (written and verbal).
- Project analysis and research and preparing correspondence such as LEED credit guidance related to each project.
- Assist external team members with the documentation process provide detailed guidance as necessary.
- Responsible for quality control/quality assurance of deliverables and applications submitted by the project team for Certification applications /third party review.
- Review project drawings and specifications for consistency with sustainability goals and LEED/CHPS/WELL requirements.
- Draft reports, narratives, meeting notes, and other applicable project documents.
- Develop final LEED/CHPS/WELL documentation and submit applications to third party review bodies.
- Research green building technologies, trends and materials as needed.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Planning, Policy, or similar program
- LEED GA or AP (or committed to taking the LEED AP exam within 6 months) with experience in LEED projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with “Green Building” practices, policies, technologies etc.
- Self- starter with the ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and requests from multiple individuals
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong math and geometry skills
- Practiced with the ability to read construction documents including plans and specifications
- Interest and capacity to learn energy modeling and related software
- Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in related field.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Revit and Google Sketchup
- Familiarity with energy modeling and software such as Engery Plus or eQuest
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Green Engineer, Inc. is a Certified B Corporation and provides excellent benefits
including 100% employer paid health care, paid professional development, flex-time, unlimited PTO, bonuses, profit sharing and more.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com