WANTED: Part-time Bookkeeper with experience in QuickBooks and construction bookkeeping. Flexible schedule; 15-20 hours/week to start with potential for additional hours. Work with a variety of small construction businesses to ensure their books are accurate and up to date under the supervision of a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Our ideal candidate can work independently, and is attentive to detail, comfortable with technology, and familiar with accounting principles. Some travel required within the Brattleboro area. Competitive salary based on experience. HELM Construction Solutions LLC is a woman-owned business working with over thirty design and construction businesses across the Northeast. Learn more about what we do at www.buildhelm.com. Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references via email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
General Description: The Bookkeeper works with a variety of small business owners to maintain accurate and up to date financial accounting.
Major Job Activities/Responsibilities: The Bookkeeper is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Job Cost Accounting.
• Enter vendor bills and prepare checks for signature weekly.
• Enter employee timecards and prepare biweekly payroll.
• Review change order requests against contract documents.
• Prepare customer invoices and receive payments.
• Log deposits.
• Reconcile bank accounts and credit card monthly.
• Set up new employees, file necessary paperwork, track benefits.
• Gather necessary subcontractor insurance forms, certificates of independent subcontractor status forms, W-4 forms.
• Coordinate annual insurance audits.
• File quarterly payroll taxes.
• Calculate burdened labor costs.
• Run job profitability reports.
• Track estimated to actual job costs on a bi-weekly basis.
• Prepare books for Accountant to do annual tax return.
• Training and/or previous experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
• Experience using Excel and QuickBooks.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Highly organized.
• Critical thinking skills.
HELM Construction Solutions LLC is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, criminal record, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, active military status, genetics, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Consistent with the obligations of federal and state law, HELM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, so long as the accommodation does not impose an undue hardship on the company.