Construction Project Manager
Bensonwood, a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, seeks an experienced Construction Project Manager to join its growing team.
Bensonwood is a national leader and innovator in the design, engineering and building of timber frame, hybrid and non-timber panelized homes, schools and buildings. With a forty year history of building customized residential and commercial projects throughout the US and abroad, the company’s collaborative team-oriented culture values high performance and continuous improvement.
The Construction Project Manager will function as a member of the growing Bensonwood Project Management Team and will take a lead role in stewarding multiple projects from schematic design through completion. This role is a full-time, Monday-Friday role located in our Walpole, NH facility and requires minimal travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate directly with clients, builders, and subcontractors regarding all aspects of BWC package fulfillment
- Collaborate with changing teams of architects, designers, and engineers to ensure project feasibility.
- Work with in-house estimators to project cost information. Track and update costs throughout the building process
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Prepare contracts and change orders, including negotiation on terms & conditions
- Assess and monitor conditions and progress on site, principally through communication from our office; and occasionally through site visits
- Maintain excellent and easily-retrievable documentation of processes, including meeting agendas and minutes, client decisions, specifications, job reports, and written and verbal communication
- Work within PM department toward continuous improvement of processes and products
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in residential construction
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, web-based scheduling and communication tools.
- Experience using database accounting, CRM, and project management software
- Basic facility with 2d and 3d CAD-based software
- Expert level oral and written communication skills
- Even-keeled personality with strong self-management skills
Ideal Candidates will also have
- Commercial construction experience
- Experience using Filemaker databases and Sage 100 Contractor accounting software; or excellent ability to learn these programs
- Demonstrated history of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Knowledge of high performance building systems
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem solving skills, a systems philosophy, and ability to positively motivate team to accomplish goals
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills with ability to read and communicate technical information and prepare contract documents
- Computer literacy with ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation will be based on skill level and experience
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(k), and profit sharing
To learn more about Bensonwood and to apply online, visit our website at http://bensonwood.com/our-story/careers/