Designer / Drafter
Benson Woodworking Company (BWC) is a national leader and innovator in the design and building of timber frame, hybrid, and panelized homes as well as light commercial projects. The company has a forty year history of building unique residential and commercial projects throughout the US. The company’s dynamic, team-oriented culture values high performance and continuous improvement.
Benson Woodworking Company (BWC) is seeking a Designer / Drafter to join the team.
Develop and document residential and commercial project designs in coordination with architects, engineers, estimators, builders, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients. This role will be located in our Walpole, NH facility.
- Prepare accurate 3D B.I.M. models, thorough construction drawings, and supporting documents for clients, vendors, and BWC shops
- Coordinate with the project team to determine the best construction techniques, and strategies for completing the project, while staying within budget and controlling work quality
- Proficiency in 3D B.I.M. software (primarily Revit), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to lead and participate in construction and design discussions
- Understanding of design-build processes, strategic planning, and construction
- 3+ years of experience in construction, architectural, or design-build office
- 1+ AutoDesk Revit experience
- Degree in design, building science or architecture is beneficial, but not required
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with skills and project experience
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing
To learn more about Bensonwood and to apply online, visit our website at http://bensonwood.com.