A groundbreaking and exciting opportunity exists with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) for a self-motivated and dedicated individual to serve as the project manager for NYSERDA’s new RetrofitNY initiative and provide support for the multifamily team’s other work of developing and implementing strategies that:
- Overcome market barriers
- Animate the market
- Encourage private capital investment
- Accelerate the scale and penetration of clean energy/energy efficiency in multifamily buildings
This position will involve extensive interaction with key stakeholders including public and private building owners and developers; government agencies including affordable housing organizations; architects, engineers, construction companies and manufacturers; and financial institutions.
The Project Manager position will play a critical role in coordinating the different components and workstreams of this complex program and providing the organization and structure to ensure the cohesion and success of RetrofitNY.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Build a working knowledge of all the RetrofitNY workstreams
- Support the RetrofitNY team members working on housing market development, industry market development, financing solutions, regulatory barriers, communications, and tenant engagement in moving forward efficiently and productively
- Help establish and maintain relationships with housing providers and key industry stakeholders like construction companies and their supply chain, as well as architecture and engineering companies
- Assist the RetrofitNY Housing Market Development Lead in analyzing ‘business as usual’ preservation / rehabilitation projects in various segments of the affordable housing market to identify prevailing property needs and define the ‘investment envelope’ of business as usual rehab projects
- Assist the RetrofitNY Market Development Lead in working with construction companies and their supply chain to facilitate solution design
- Help build substantial preliminary demand for RetrofitNY technical solutions
- Facilitate dialogues between housing providers and solution providers to create deep retrofit solutions that best fit the housing providers’ needs, leading to the deployment of initial prototype deep energy retrofit solutions
- Coordinate workshops and outreach activities
- Keep the RetrofitNY master workplan up to date and ensure that the different worksteams progress as planned
- Participate in NYSERDA’s efforts to implement interventions and strategies that lead to the market’s uptake of more energy efficiency and renewable energy in multifamily buildings, including building energy labeling and the support of energy efficiency financing
- Work with a small and dedicated team in the Albany, Buffalo and NYC NYSERDA offices to tackle multifamily sector market barriers that are prohibiting greater energy and process efficiency uptake
- Present information on NYSERDA’s behalf at professional meetings, conferences and workshops
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
The success of the RetrofitNY initiative will depend upon team members to act boldly using unconventional approaches to break through the status quo. The role therefore requires a ‘can-do’ attitude, lateral thinking, creativity in finding new approaches for what may seem impossible challenges, the ability to inspire others, and a personal drive for the objectives of the initiative.
The role also requires:
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management skills with the ability to set priorities, collect and document project requirements, successfully handle multiple activities simultaneously, and deliver on commitments with speed, accuracy and judgment
- Strong teambuilder with an ability to build productive relationships across a diverse set of organizations
- Strong analytical skills to identify and resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop robust relationships within the RetrofitNY team and with partnering organizations;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds, the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- Must be a self-starter and function well both independently and in teams
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in all duties
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
In addition, candidates who possess knowledge and/or experience in the following areas will be given preference:
- MS Project or other project management platforms
- Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Outreach, marketing and communication
- Market research and development
- Start-up experience
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Project Manager, Multifamily & Job Code 415 in the Subject Line.
See the complete posting here.