Inability-to-Attend Opt-In Insurance Program
Please note: all registrations for BuildingEnergy Boston are final. NESEA is not able to provide a refund if you are unable to attend the conference. However, we now offer an optional insurance policy through Rainprotection Insurance that will refund 100% of your registration fee if you are unable to attend, for a reason covered under the policy. The cost of this insurance is 8% of your total registration fee.
If you opt in to this insurance program:
- You will be covered from the moment you register until the start of the event.
- You will receive a 100% refund—no matter when you cancel—if you are unable to attend the event for a reason outside of your control, and covered under the policy. There are no fees or penalties.
If you decide not to purchase this inability-to-attend insurance, there are absolutely no refunds if you are unable to attend the event.
What is Covered
- The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee or exhibitor;
- Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel;
- Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire, or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event;
- Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration;
- The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness, which they were unaware of at the time of registration;
- Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services;
- The attendee or exhibitor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
- Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event;
- The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from the work location which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.
This insurance coverage starts: The moment you pay your registration fee
This insurance coverage ends: Upon the show opening on the first day of the event
How to Submit a Claim
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the event.
- To request a refund, please contact: email@example.com