Experienced Green Building Consultant
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Target Hire Date: Immediately
Compensation: Based on skills and experience
Benefits: 6% 401k Match, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Sustainable Comfort, Inc., a green building and energy efficiency consulting firm with expertise in multifamily housing, is seeking a Green Building Consultant to join our growing team. Our fast-paced, high growth environment and commitment to best practices, allow our employees both the flexibility many applicants seek and a forward-thinking culture that fosters leadership, creativity, and ingenuity.
We need Ambition. We are looking for a motivated, team-oriented person to support our diverse, growing team of building performance professionals.
Our focus is Sustainability & Green Buildings. SCI works with development and construction teams throughout the greater Northeast Region to make better multifamily buildings, with a specific focus in ENERGY Star Homes, LEED for Homes, Enterprise Green Communities, Passive House, HERS Rating, State Incentive Programs, and Code Compliance. The Green Building Consultant will work with a team of individuals to consult with architects, developers, and builders to develop building plans with an eye for sustainability to meet various energy efficiency and green building programs and work extensively with contractors to verify the construction is meeting all green building requirements.
Grow both Personally and Professionally. We are a young company that is expanding rapidly. Grow your job role and work on innovative projects in a green building/sustainability focused company. Opportunities for advancement and a bonus structure are in place.
Competitive Compensation Package. We offer a competitive compensation package including generous 401k (6% match), health insurance reimbursement, company car opportunities, professional development training, and unlimited time off.
• Review architectural and MEP drawings for energy efficiency and green building techniques, including low carbon buildings with all electric technologies and high-performance envelope systems.
• Work with a team of individuals to consult with architects and developers to develop building plans with an eye for sustainability to meet various energy efficiency and green building programs.
• Opportunity to inspect multifamily housing construction sites to conduct progress inspections to verify energy efficiency.
• Conduct energy modeling analysis for multifamily apartment units to estimate energy use, guide decision making, and issue certifications. Energy modeling experience with programs such as eQuest, TREAT, Trane TRACE, HERS ratings, or equivalent preferred.
• Understand basic building science, as well as work with various green building programs such as Energy Star, LEED for Homes, Enterprise Green Communities, and Passive House Certification programs.
• Assist with document collection, oversight, and verification of green building programs.
• Work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment to ensure work gets out the door on time.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Environmental Science, or related discipline, or five (5) years of experience in the building trades.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Possess a professional demeanor in dealing with clients and team members.
• Prior experience in building design and construction preferred.
• Experience reviewing building designs including architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
• Prior experience with HERS Rating, BPI or similar green building rating system preferred.
• Be located within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY. Hybrid work from home position, ~2-3 days per week in Syracuse office anticipated.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation: Based on skills and experience.
• Generous 401K Match (100% up to 6% of salary)
• Health Coverage Stipend
• Unlimited Paid Time off
• Relentless customer focus.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Strong ability to independently set priorities, maintain schedule, and use different communication methods to collaborate with a geographically diverse team.
• Ability and desire to interact with a wide range of existing and potential customers on a daily basis.
• Ability to read, understand, and communicate technical requirements.
• Knowledge of building construction techniques, green building programs and techniques, and multifamily housing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Computer Skills: Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Office Products, some Adobe Products, and cloud-based file management.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb ladders or stairs, carry 40lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties; they may differ from the job description. Any other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Sustainable Comfort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.