The request for proposals for BuildingEnergy NYC 2018 closed on April 16, 2018. Questions? Contact Susan Farber, Conference Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 774-6051 x17.
|Call for Proposals
|Notification of Status
Areas of Focus
NESEA’s mission is to advance the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn. We envision a built environment in the Northeast that is climate neutral, adaptive and resilient, energy independent, architecturally inspiring, and supportive of connection and community.
We seek proposals that support this mission and vision, within the following areas of focus:
|Health & Comfort
|Standards in Action (e.g., LBC, Net Zero, Passive House)
The Conference Chairs are particularly interested in receiving proposals for sessions that are interactive, present lessons learned from case studies, and address the topics of embodied carbon and life cycle assessment; net zero and Passive House/Passivhaus retrofitting; the planning process; iterative and optimized design process; and connecting financiers with high performance projects. Please also review the full list of the Content Committee’s priorities.
About the Review Process
Proposals will be reviewed and vetted by a volunteer NESEA-member content committee to ensure that conference sessions are data-driven, diverse, and genuinely useful to attendees. Successful proposals:
- Feature sustainable and high-performance building practices, techniques, solutions, and/or governance
- Present innovative material and ideas.
- Have rich data to support claims.
- Avoid focusing on specific, proprietary products and/or services.
- May describe learning from mistakes as well as from successes.
- May offer a more interactive format beyond simply a lecture and/or slides.
- May be designed for a specific audience and level of expertise.
- Are comprehensive and complete upon submission.
Submit a Proposal
Please keep a few things in mind before you submit a proposal:
- You must be logged in to your nesea.org account to create a proposal (membership is not required to have an account).
- This allows you to save your proposal as a draft and come back to work on it as often as you like before submitting.
- NESEA does not cover travel or lodging expenses for speakers.
- If you would like to work on your proposal as a team before submitting, this document contains a list of the fields you will be asked to fill out once you are logged in to your nesea.org account.