The NESEA Professional Leadership Award recognizes an individual whose exemplary professional practice and body of work has contributed to advancing NESEA’s vision.
Any NESEA Member can submit a nomination; the nomination period for the 2023 award is closed.
Nominees’ work must have had a meaningful impact on the professional practice of the NESEA community.
- Nominee is a leader in their field and transformed practice in our industry.
- Nominee continues to contribute toward the vision of NESEA.
- Nominee is generous in sharing their knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Nominee's work inspires others to improve their own work and impact.
- Nominee demonstrates intellectual rigor and whole systems thinking.
Goals of this Award
- Honor the contributions of a leader whose career accomplishments reflect NESEA’s vision
- Inspire the NESEA community by spotlighting excellence
- Illustrate NESEA’s commitment to supporting professional leadership in the field.
Awards are presented during our annual awards reception, NESEA Night.
The entire NESEA membership is invited to submit nominations, and then an awards committee will review nominations and select an honoree who best fulfills the criteria.
Questions? Please contact Florence MacGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Winners of the Professional Leadership Award
Joe Lstiburek and Betsy Pettit2011