Black Mountain Architecture is a sustainable architecture firm, based in Saranac Lake, NY within the Adirondack Park. We value collaboration, craft, and the small-town community within which we work and live. We are currently seeking an Office Manager to join our team. The Office Manager is the first point of contact for the company and keeps our team, office, and financial matters running smoothly and efficiently. Our ideal candidate for the position is a highly organized individual with a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills. This position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) with the option for flexible work hours and the potential for full-time work in the future. This position may be based in our Saranac Lake office or performed remotely.
- Work effectively in collaboration with BMA’s Principal, staff, and outside consultants to ensure efficient operations and accurate business records.
- Provide administrative support including bookkeeping, document control, and Principal schedule management.
- Answer the phone and manage incoming and outgoing company mail, new client inquiries, and other general communications and marketing tasks.
- Maintain BMA’s office to ensure a professional appearance and adequate stock of office supplies and other resources.
- Support the continued improvement of BMA’s processes, systems and policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to generate and analyze financial and other business reports.
- Tech-savvy, with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office experience.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- At least 3 years of bookkeeping experience, especially A/P and A/R.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop.
- An ability to work independently and multi-task.
- A passion for learning.
- Familiarity with the field of architecture and design.
- Experience running payroll and managing quarterly tax payments.
- An interest in business management and business systems development.
The compensation range for this position is $18 - $22 per hour, depending on experience. BMA offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick days, and retirement plan.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in pdf format via email to email@example.com. This position is open until filled. Please visit our website at www.blackmountainarchitecture.com for more information about our firm, staff, and culture.