Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses and homeowners in the Pioneer Valley and surrounding regions. We are driven by a commitment to building a healthier environment, strengthening the communities we serve, and demonstrating the value of worker-owned cooperatives as a generative business model. We see our employees as our most valued asset and we believe our greatest impact can be achieved collectively.
PV Squared is looking for an experienced Design & Sales Consultant to join our growing team. This person is responsible for managing residential project leads, establishing trusting relationships with clients, listening to client needs, evaluating sites for feasibility, preparing proposals and preliminary system design and executing contracts. The ideal candidate is a confident communicator, possesses strong technical knowledge, and has a personable and positive attitude. The capacity to learn and apply highly technical knowledge is integral to this position. This position requires a high level of independence and selfdirection as well as the ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced team setting. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Greenfield, MA.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales experience in solar or related field; including experience in proposal and contract development
- Technical Knowledge of solar photovoltaic and battery storage system design and pricing, including familiarity with Massachusetts Building Code and the National Electric Code
- Experience preparing estimates, financial contracts, proposals and ROI calculations
- Familiar and comfortable with financial concepts, including tax credits, loan and lease financing and depreciation
- Ability to conduct site feasibility assessments and comfortable setting up and climbing ladders, working at height and in attic spaces
- Incredibly strong and proactive communicator both with external stakeholders and internal team members who is able to balance and integrate multiple perspectives
- Exceptionally organized and able to balance a highly dynamic project load
- Highly proficient in Google and Microsoft suite of products (Gmail, Google calendar, Word, Excel, Power Point), familiarity with Salesforce or comparable CRM software and capable of learning new software as needed
- Capable of managing multiple opportunities over long sales cycles
What We Offer:
- A collaborative, cooperative and democratic work environment
- Fair living-wage compensation and generous benefits package
- Path to shared worker-ownership of the business and profit sharing
- Participation in group decision making and cooperative governance
- Support for professional development and technical training
- Fun and inclusive environment
We are looking for people who are passionate about making a positive impact and being part of a cooperative environment. As a worker-owned cooperative, we take pride in our work and we respect the investments our clients are making. We’ve built our reputation on strong word of mouth, quality craftsmanship, and outstanding customer service.
PV Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (in pdf format) with “Residential Design & Sales” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.