The Leadership Team is the top advisory group for conference decisions. It comprsises:
- 2 Co-Chairs and 2 Co-Vice-Chairs: Responsible for content, overall vision
- NESEA Staff (Program Director, Conference Manager): Responsible for logistics, including budget tracking, communication with venue, registration, marketing.
Co-Chair & Co-Vice Chair Responsibilities
Chairs hold the following responsibilities. Vice-Chairs observe, assist as needed, and become Chairs the following year.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings (video-call)
- Work with NESEA staff to identify and invite Content Committee members
- Work with NESEA staff to identify keynote speakers (Boston)
- Lead/facilitate conference planning meetings (Open Planning, Content Committee meetings)
- Support NESEA staff efforts on sponsorship solicitation, marketing, exhibit sales, and public relations (e.g. offer contacts, review, make a few key calls)
- Review and finalize decisions by Content Committee
- Build the session schedule
- Work closely with NESEA staff and Curators to ensure on-time delivery of content
- Take on the role of co-host of the conference
Ideal Conference Chair Skills and Attributes
- Sees the value of NESEA’s mission and has a vision for the conference
- Has time to commit to this project, has relatively independent control over their schedule, and can be available to NESEA staff when critical decisions need to be made
- Strong organizing, meeting facilitation, and people skills
- Has content knowledge (what’s strategic, compelling, “edgy”) and wide professional network
How Much Time Will It Take?
- Bi-weekly, 1-hour video-meetings; weekly meetings month before conference
- Some meetings will require follow-up work, average 3 hours/month
- Three in-person meetings:
- Open Planning Meeting (half-day)
- 2 Content Committee meetings (half-day or full-day)
- Two days to review and make final decisions on content
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.