Note: If you are attending the Diversity Caucus, please be sure to get your lunch from the trade show floor first, then bring it up to the meeting room.
We are thrilled to announce the 4th annual BuildingEnergy Boston Diversity Caucus.
Calling all people of color, indigenous people, queer, trans, and gender non-binary individuals, LGBTQIA, women, and people with disabilities within the larger NESEA network! Join us for a much-needed moment of interactive community building in our industry.
Our first Diversity Caucus was in 2019, and we are excited to gather again, in person, this year at BuildingEnergy Boston. Grab your lunch and check out this session where we will meet to support each other and build camaraderie. Official program will start after folks settle in, grab lunch, and find a seat. As always, we will have:
- Music, great company, and lots of fun while we eat together.
- Frank conversations on our experience/s, both positive and challenging, in our industry.
- A choice of activities for people ranging from group conversations, pair-sharing, to individual written reflections
- Discussion on some ways that we can deepen the commitment to racial, gender, economic and disability justice in our high-performance building world.
- An update from NESEA’s Executive Director on progress that has been made as a result of our Diversity Caucus efforts over the past 4 years.
- Brainstorming next steps our NESEA community can take to continue to work at creating a truly inclusive conference and industry.
If you would like to participate in the Diversity Caucus but are not registered for BuildingEnergy Boston, please email Florence MacGregor, email@example.com, and she will make sure you have access to this community event.
If you are someone who does not identify with the demographics outlined above but considers yourself an ally, please contact Florence MacGregor, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be added to the allies mailing list.