Haycon, a Boston-based Design/Build firm focused on high-performance and Passive House building, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager (APM)!
This role is suited to a self-starter with experience in multi-unit residential construction, and knowledge of affordable housing. Our culture promotes self-direction, and a driven, self-assured candidate will have the opportunity to be managing their own project(s) quickly. A background in construction is extremely helpful, giving you an understanding of the tech aspects of projects. A passion for high-performance/Passive House building techniques and future-focused design is a BIG plus!
This APM will have touchpoints across all aspects of our projects, providing excellent growth trajectory and professional knowledge gain. You’ll be heavily engaged in all aspects of the project from the beginning, and interact with PM team members, customers, subs, etc.
Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Enter project contacts in Procore.
• Upload drawing sets and specifications in Procore. Order hard copies of drawings from printing vendor.
• Draft subcontracts and purchase orders in Procore.
• Build submittal log in Procore from specifications and drawings.
• Produce and submit packages and return reviewed submittals to subcontractor. Maintain submittal log.
• Enter RFI’s in Procore. Maintain RFI log.
• Complete quantity takeoffs on drawings and create finish/fixture schedules.
• Assist Senior PM with sourcing, pricing, purchasing materials online.
• Manage inventory and distribution of fixtures & finishes.
• Request, receive, upload subcontractor Certificates of Insurance. Maintain Procore tracking.
• Request, receive, upload subcontractor minority work hours tracking and Lien Waivers (monthly.)
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2+ years of construction-related experience, in multi-unit residential building
• Knowledge of construction practices, building sequence, terminology.
• Training or experience with a medium to large-sized construction company a big plus.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Procore.
• Communication skills including professional email and telephone, adequate English language skills, bilingual a plus.
Apply here: https://haycon.aidaform.com/job-application-form