Come Build with Aurora! – Carpenter (Full-Time)
$55,000 - $75,000 a year
Aurora Custom Builders designs and builds finely crafted, planet-friendly, exceptionally livable homes. Through deep collaboration from first concept to finished home, we create unique spaces - beautiful, functional, healthy, and in harmony with a sustainable planet. Aurora nurtures strong relationships with our clients and among our team, and we are committed to continuously building our expertise in high-performance building technology.
Aurora is building a diverse and dynamic workforce. People of color, queer, trans and gender non-conforming people, and women are encouraged to apply. Your enthusiasm and commitment to strong interpersonal relationships, quality work, and continuous learning are more important than particular skills or experience. We provide training and skill-building opportunities across our team in addition to paid time off, healthcare insurance, tool and vehicle allowance.
General Description and Responsibilities: The Carpenters on our team have the ability to follow specific instructions from a Lead Carpenter, work both independently and with others to layout and complete a range of rough and finish carpentry tasks for residential house construction, and possess a firm grasp of jobsite procedures and safety. A carpenter can read plans, understands basic building science and building envelope details, and is a problem-solver.
● Ability to accomplish tasks proficiently by themselves and without supervision.
● Ability to layout and complete floor framing, wall framing, and less complex roof framing.
● Operate all required tools, including table-saw and compound miter saw safely and efficiently.
● Layout and complete exterior thermal envelope including proficiency in door and window installation.
● Understands, identifies, troubleshoots, and correctly executes all waterproofing, flashing, and underlayment details.
● Layout and complete all phases of exterior roofing, siding and trim.
● Layout and complete all phases of interior finish including trim, cabinetry, doors, hardware, and equipment.
Please introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience, and why you would be a great addition to our team. Include three references with phone numbers and an up-to-date resume.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!