Come Build with Aurora! – Lead Carpenter (Full-Time)
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
Aurora Custom Builders designs and builds finely crafted, planet-friendly, exceptionally livable homes. Through deep collaboration from first concept to finished home, we create unique spaces - beautiful, functional, healthy, and in harmony with a sustainable planet. Aurora nurtures strong relationships with our clients and among our team, and we are committed to continuously building our expertise in high-performance building technology.
Aurora is building a diverse and dynamic workforce. People of color, queer, trans and gender non-conforming people, and women are encouraged to apply. Your enthusiasm and commitment to strong interpersonal relationships, quality work, and continuous learning are more important than particular skills or experience. We provide training and skill-building opportunities across our team in addition to paid time off, healthcare insurance, tool and vehicle allowance.
Lead Carpenter Role and Responsibilities: The Lead Carpenter runs the jobsite, managing and directing tasks of all crew members and subcontractors on site to ensure efficiency and productivity. You are responsible for customer satisfaction, material take-offs and orders, jobsite supervision (including protection, cleanliness, and safety), supervising and scheduling subcontractors, inspections, and paperwork. You are responsible for seeing that the work is completed in conformance with the contract documents. You need to have the competency of a Carpenter, along with the managerial skills to actively manage and supervise all the different people who work on the jobsite. You should understand building science and structures. You know your way around building codes. You must be willing and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and use phone and email frequently. Occasionally, you may also get to swing a hammer.
● Organize, plan, schedule, and execute overall jobsite tasks in a timely manner to meet project schedules.
● Lead the onsite team in all phases of residential single family home construction.
● Oversee and schedule subcontractors.
● Attend company/client meetings designated by the Director of Operations/Project Manager.
● Create and/or delegate creation of material lists for upcoming work, verify and confirm material lead times and make purchases as needed to maintain an efficient schedule, maximize efficiency of supply yard trips or deliveries, and ensure materials are onsite to avoid delays.
● Maintain communication with clients on site and to notify of critical scheduling dates (i.e. date we are showing up, delays).
● On a daily basis, inform the Director of Operations/Project Manager of the progress of the project, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
● Supervise the activities of the company’s field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
● Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in project estimate sheets.
● Ensure the jobsite is maintained in an organized, clean, safe, and professional manner.
● Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities.
Please introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience, and why you would be a great addition to our team. Include three references with phone numbers and an up-to-date resume.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!