We’re looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about the ability of events to bring people together and create community. The ideal candidate does not need to have a background in high performance building or buildings science, but should have a background that includes event planning, organizing teams, and working with presenters. The Conference Manager oversees the planning, content development, speaker and venue relationships for NESEA’s two annual conferences in Boston and NYC, as well as our continuing education program. This position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal and facilitation skills, and an eye for details and streamlining systems.
- Develop agendas for and facilitate regular leadership team and content planning meetings ranging from 4-50 attendees, both virtually and in-person (when safe and feasible).
- Maintain and streamline systems for running the session RFP and peer review process.
- Set the annual calendar for conference planning.
- Support marketing efforts and planning.
- Work with peer review committees to collect and manage session details.
- Manage and analyze evaluations from sessions and events.
- Serve as the main point of contact for speakers; collecting and maintaining bios, release forms and supervising any necessary training.
- Work with the Executive Director to finalize vendor contracts for conferences.
- Once contracts are finalized, serve as liaison and NESEA’s main point of contact with the venue.
- Understand, maintain, and keep NESEA's CEU program updated.
- Streamline CEU process for attendees and NESEA.
- Apply for CEUs for conferences, issue certificates, maintain relationships with accreditation bodies.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multitask
- Meeting facilitation management
- Ability to tackle routine administrative tasks with gusto
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google suite
- CRM database experience (preferred)
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Ability to write clear, accurate, concise directions
- Interest in learning about energy efficiency, and high performance building and design
- Availability and willingness to travel regionally (once it is safe to do so)\
- At least 3 to 5 years of event planning or other relevant experience preferred, not required
- We aim to interview from a range of professional backgrounds, and plan to train the right person
- Full time, $48-52k/year
- Eligible for health insurance after 90 days of employment
- 4 weeks (160 hours) paid time off (3 weeks vacation time, 1 week sick time, start accruing after first pay period)
- 13 paid holidays
- Eligible for 401(k) after 90 days (organization will match up to 1%)
- Dog friendly office
- Family leave policy
- Flexible schedule (80% within standard business hours)
- Remote work a possibility with regional travel required
- Must reside within 4 hours of Greenfield, MA, Boston, and NYC to accommodate in-person meetings when it is safe to resume them (note: currently all staff are remote)
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Conference Manager"
- In the email, tell us what superpowers you possess, why you're interested in the job, and why you think you'd be a good fit
- Attach your resume
- The deadline to apply is March 11, at which time we will begin reviewing applications
- We anticipate a start date of mid-April to early May with flexibility possible in regards to personal circumstances
NESEA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or age.