475 is a rapidly growing Brooklyn-based startup that distributes and consults on building components. We're focused on transforming the US construction marketplace from coast-to-coast toward low-energy, high-performance building design. 475 is currently experiencing rapid growth in our Daylighting department, which is responsible for developing custom solutions to provide high-quality daylight to high performance buildings by working with European manufacturers who supply highly energy-efficient, triple-pane, thermal bridge-free window, door, skylight, and glass roof systems.
We seek a highly motivated Product Consultant interested in working with architects, engineers, builders, and project owners to optimize these high performance solutions for energy efficient buildings. The position may be part-time or full-time, depending on individual circumstances – but working toward full time over the course of the first year. 475 will provide thorough training and technical support to all candidates. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position requires travel between 20- 30% of a regular working week, but is based in 475’s Brooklyn, NY headquarters.
- Respond to inquiries about high performance daylighting solutions offered by 475
- Consult with architects on design and performance decisions relating to fenestration
- Consult with contractors and installers on best practice installation of fenestration components
- Make regular office presentations to architects regarding high performance fenestration for Passive House and other low energy buildings
- Provide local technical support to building professionals, including office and job site visits
- Actively engage with local trade associations and training programs
- Draft estimates, coordinate shop drawings, and handle all communication with manufacturers and clients
- Log all communication in 475’s CRM database and meet minimum goals for outreach and new business development
- Work with the marketing department to develop materials and strategies to bring in new business
- Attend regional trade shows, representing 475
- 3-5 years of professional experience with high performance building practices
- Possess an understanding of Passive House design
- Strong interest in building science and building details Familiarity with regional architecture and engineering firms
- Excellent communication skills, in person, over phone and by email
- Proactive with a strong work ethic, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Comfortable presenting in front of anywhere between 5 and 100 design professionals
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce
- Design background and familiarity with custom wood windows a plus Additional Skills
- Passve House Certification (Designer, Consultant, Tradesperson, or Builder) a plus
- Proficiency in German a plus
- Architect, engineer and/or sustainable construction consultant.
Send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject: “475 Product Consultant"