New Frameworks, a worker-owned cooperative design and construction company based in northern Vermont, is hiring an Design Project Manager to add to our team. We are a busy, fun, egalitarian-yet-structured, creative, kind, and mission-driven group of people working together towards the goal of developing ecological and social climate justice and regeneration practices in the building and design trades. Our ideal candidate has at least 5 years in the design/architecture field with a focus on design project management. Their focus will be managing design team production to yield beautiful and successful projects and relationships. An interest in building science, life-cycle analysis, low-energy design, and climate justice is a must. If you’ve been looking for a way to use your architectural project management skills to advance climate change response through the built environment; advance the use of natural, local, and plant-based materials through your work; and be an integral part of an equitable, intersectional feminist workplace with a strong team culture, we welcome you! This position is based out of our design office in Montpelier, Vermont. $48,500-$52,500 annually for full time, dependent on experience; plus paid time off, benefits, education, and profit sharing. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, portfolio samples and 3 references via Indeed. People of color, trans and gender-nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, queer people, and women are encouraged to apply. Language proficiency in languages other than English valued, and Spanish-speakers especially welcome.
We are a worker-owned cooperative so everyone who works here is also an owner. If you have a passion for:
climate change response through the built environment;
natural, local, and plant-based materials used in creative high-performance designs
an equitable, intersectional feminist workplace with a strong team culture & commitment to language justice
Strong communication, organization, and team skills to support our company running smoothly
… you are the right person to apply for this position!
People of color, trans and gender-nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, queer people, and women are encouraged to apply. Language proficiency in languages other than English valued, and Spanish-speakers especially welcome.
Details below, we look forward to meeting you!
the New Frameworks Team
Position responsibilities include:
- Core member of Design Team and active participant in all committee work and meetings
- Participate regularly in quarterly All-Company Meetings to help steer direction of the company and be an active member of the Design Committee
- Create & maintain project Design schedules.
- Create & maintain all Design contracts, coordinating input from clients, design lead, sales and development.
- Development and maintenance of Project Plans for each project, including synchronization between project schedule, contract fees, and staff work plans.
- Manage project budget development by updating and analyzing cost tracking data to ensure proper execution of Project Plan and keep accountable to schedule and fee basis to ensure profitability of projects.
- Support Design Lead with creation, dissemination of, and filing of Design Action Reports for projects, cataloguing decisions made and outstanding in coordination with.
- Attend client meetings with the Lead Designer when discussing project budget, design fee, and schedule, and to manage Design Action Reports, as required by project size and Lead Designer’s needs.
- Facilitate estimating process with Design Lead and Estimating Team.
- Coordination with Construction Project Manager to facilitate continuity of project management.
- Manage project process for meeting sustainability goals.
- Assist with product research and presentations as needed.
We are looking for:
- 5-10 yrs work experience in a design or architecture office, with emphasis on Design Project Management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Skilled with information management - documentation, organization & transparent team & client communications
- Experience with managing an integrated design process
- Demonstrated successful production management in regards to a budget: creating and maintaining project plans within a diverse team environment
- Positive and inclusive attitude to build strong relationships both within and outside the company
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, FormIt & other design software; Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam
- Familiarity with managing for design certifications such as Living Building Challenge, Passive House, etc.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of building element specifications (e.g. windows & doors, air-tight detailing, sustainable product selection)
- Reliable transportation for necessary site visits
- A strong commitment to ecological design principles such as biophilic design, climate justice, and building science
- Interest in supporting the realization of designs that utilize natural and plant-based materials
- Language proficiency in languages other than English a plus; Spanish proficiency preferred
Please provide: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Interest
- Samples of organizational tools you use
- 3 references
- $48,500-$52,500 annually full time, depending on experience, plus paid time off, benefits, education, and profit sharing.
- Position has a 3 month trial period with review to ensure a good mutual fit.
- After the 3 month trial, vision and dental insurance provided, 100% paid by company.
- Profit sharing at the end of the fiscal year. Amount is based on ownership percentage.
- Workers Compensation coverage (standard).
- 80 hrs paid time off plus 32 hours holiday pay.
- $200/year pp for personal tool or tech allowance.
- Reduced cost cell phone plans available on company AT&T plan, deducted from member’s paycheck.
- Paid trainings, conferences & classes - min value $200 pp/per year; actual value determined on as-needed basis. Full coverage based on first come first serve basis until budget line is tapped for the year.
- Paid membership to professional associations with conference, networking, and professional development opportunities: NESEA, BEBL, others.
- Subscriptions to Fine Homebuilding, BuildingGreen online suite, and other trade publications.
- Internal paid company trainings.
- Shared company meals at All Company Meetings and gatherings.
- New Frameworks swag.
- Bragging rights that you are a co-owner of the coolest and dorkiest company in the Northeast!