BMA is an award-winning sustainable architecture firm, based in Saranac Lake, NY within the Adirondack Park. We value collaboration, craft, and the small-town community within which we work and live. We are currently seeking an Office Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual interested in creating innovative work in a fast-paced collaborative environment. The Office Manager is the first point of contact for the company and keeps our team, office, and financial matters running smoothly and efficiently. Our ideal candidate for the position is a highly organized individual with a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills. This position is full-time and based in our Saranac Lake office. Partial-remote work is possible.
- Work effectively in collaboration with BMA’s Principal, staff, and outside consultants to ensure efficient operations and accurate business records
- Perform weekly and monthly bookkeeping, payroll, and A/P and A/R tasks
- Answer the phone and manage incoming and outgoing company mail, potential project inquiries, and other general communications
- Maintain BMA’s office to ensure a professional appearance and adequate stock of office supplies and other resources
- Support the continued development of BMA’s business processes, systems, and policies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative and professional work ethic
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to generate and analyze financial and other business reports
- Tech-savvy, with Microsoft Office experience and QuickBooks
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- At least 3 years of bookkeeping experience, especially A/P and A/R
- Comprehensive knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop
- An ability to work independently and multi-task
- A passion for learning
- Familiarity with the field of architecture and design
- Experience running payroll and managing quarterly tax payments
- An interest in business management and business systems development
The compensation for this position is in the range of $25-$30 per hour, based on experience. BMA offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick days, health insurance and retirement plan.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. Please visit our website at https://www.blackmountainarchitecture.com/ for more information about our firm, staff, and culture.