RMI is a nonprofit focused on the transition to a clean, prosperous, and zero-carbon future for all. We are hiring a Senior Associate in Massachusetts to support implementation of REALIZE-MA. REALIZE is an initiative within RMI’s Carbon Free Buildings program aimed at catalyzing the zero-carbon building revolution for existing buildings. In response to the climate crisis, REALIZE develops scalable approaches for zero carbon renovations (i.e., deep energy retrofits) on affordable multifamily housing. We focus on affordable low-income housing to ensure that populations most in need benefit from the transition off fossil fuels.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and summarize various models of predesigned and prefabricated retrofit solutions and installation best practices for multifamily housing
- Coordinate external partners when developing collaborative project workstreams and deliverables
- Project manage and/or support demonstration projects of REALIZE retrofits including convening and engaging building owners, manufacturers, contractors, and designers to bring zero carbon retrofits to fruition
- Engage government agencies, coalitions, and collaborators to create a conducive ecosystem for zero carbon retrofits
- Develop policy and financing strategies to support the zero-carbon retrofit market
- Organize and facilitate market stakeholders towards action including working with manufacturers and suppliers, building owners and tenants, and financial institutions
- Produce thought leadership and knowledge transfer materials as needed to support the initiative
- Writing, research and presentations related to zero carbon retrofits
- Grant and proposal writing
- Passion for RMI’s mission and for improving the built environment
- Graduate degree or equivalent professional experience in a field related to the built environment
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with external outreach including presentations, meetings, and writing
- Building project management experience
- Understanding of building science and Passive House
- Community engagement and policy experience
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple work streams
- Excellent writing skills, visual presentation capability, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, with a willingness to plunge into unfamiliar problems
- High emotional intelligence, curiosity, and a desire to work collaboratively
- Passion for advancing market-based solutions to climate change
- A background in real estate development, affordable housing, and managing complex projects
- A background in building energy systems, building science, architectural engineering, or a similar technical buildings field
- Passive House experience
- Project management experience, especially related to government research grants
- Understanding and fluency in other areas related to the built environment, e.g. real estate finance, public policy, construction management, etc.
- Experience with group facilitation and workshop design
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2022
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is preferred that you be based in Massachusetts or the Northeast.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, Senior Associates based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid salary range of $79,000-$93,000.
You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!