Do you love your craft and want to work on high quality, innovative and creative projects? Are you passionate about building and not just hammering nails to get paid?
Are you tired of working on your own and chasing jobs?
Want to find a company more aligned with your values?
Based in the Hudson Valley NY, BuildingLogic Inc. in New Paltz is hiring a full-time Site Lead/Lead Carpenter. We are a small but growing firm specializing in green custom residential construction and renovation that incorporates high performance building design, sustainable materials, low energy use, net-zero energy, or Passive House standards. Our projects include a mix of custom high‐end and practical homes requiring attention to detail and cost-effectiveness. We believe supporting our employees, clients and the environment are integral to the success of our company and community.
We are looking for someone with a minimum 10 years of authentic hands-on custom carpentry experience on a wide variety of projects from takeoffs and layout, to rafters and stairs. This is a tool-belt-on position that will lead the on-site crew. Our ideal candidate is knowledgeable in high performance building or wants to learn about new ways of building that go beyond satisfying the basic building code. They have a working knowledge of exterior insulation, detailing rain-screens, advanced framing, air sealing and the building science that motivates us to build this way.
The compensation range for this position is $30-40+ per hour dependent upon abilities, experience, and tool collection. Benefits include paid holidays and sick days, AFLAC supplemental insurance, enhanced disability insurance, an annual tool allowance after one year, performance bonuses, and paid training to advance your skills.
1. Coordinate all aspects of running the jobsite in conjunction with the production team while supporting a positive work environment with our diverse team. Manage a safe, organized job site and tool trailer.
2. Organize work to meet deadlines and prioritize competing tasks. Supervise and assign responsibilities to your crew and subs to work optimally and efficiently. Lead, train and motivate your team to meet the production schedule without sacrificing quality.
3. Assist with estimating, planning for material lead times, anticipating issues, maintaining project schedule and tracking project budget. Read and interpret plans accurately for layout, specifications, material takeoffs and ordering.
4. Process information quickly and accurately and resolve problems as they arise. Know when to make judgment calls and when to consult the PM or Owners. Be able to self-direct or follow with a positive attitude and can-do spirit, whatever the task.
5. Communicate thoughtfully, effectively and consistently with co-workers, subs and clients while maintaining a calm demeanor in the face of adversity. Seek feedback for improvement, be open to criticism, and not defensive.
6. Be comfortable with current information technology used on job sites including web-based project management systems, consistent and timely electronic communications, and accurate record keeping. Continually increase your knowledge on your own and by attending workshops, seminars and trade shows with financial assistance from the Company.
We are committed to developing a diverse staff and provide equal opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply:
Please apply via Indeed (https://www.indeed.com/job/site-lead-lead-carpenter-7fb9447f4f46d394) and introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience and why you would be a great addition to our crew. Include three references with phone numbers and an up-to-date resume. We perform background checks.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
We wear masks to protect others and work with one sub at a time on our job-site.