Amberline US is a provider of sustainable, high-performance window and door products, used in Passive House and sustainable buildings. Part of Amberline Poland, Amberline US is a Boston-based team managing live projects in all stages from design development to installation. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team, in a growing industry, focused on improving living standards and a greener world through the building of better buildings.
The Technical Drafter will play a key role in the creation, review, and finalization of Shop Drawings to allow for the accurate and timely flow of high-performance products to building projects. The duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Creating, reviewing, and completing Shop Drawings:
• Communicating with Sub Contractors, Architects, General Contractors, other project stakeholders
• Gathering relevant information required to create drawings – quotes, existing library of products in AutoCAD, fabrication info, etc.
• Working with current contract staff (Contractors) to make sure they have what they need to complete their shop drawings
• Reviewing Contractors’ drawings – revising, red-lining, and finalizing
• Coordinating internally with team to put finishing touches on drawings
• Acting as liaison between Contractors and Amberline team to ensure smooth and timely flow of work and required information
Completing ongoing documentation projects:
• Assisting with the creation of architectural design manuals
• Compiling typical installation detail documents
• Creating architectural informational templates for Architects, GC’s, etc.
• Creating installation coordination drawings
• Ensuring windows are properly integrated into the building
• Communicating with Architects and GC’s to confirm proper installation
• Working with project stakeholders to coordinate completion of project
This role is suited to someone with an interest in more than just drawings - it’s a great opportunity to get exposure to the larger process of building envelope detailing, window integration etc., seeing how it all comes together.
• 1-2+ yrs' professional experience
• AutoCAD proficiency is mandatory; Revit a big plus
• MUST have very good organizational skills; there are countless revisions, files, and moving parts that can get messy quickly
• Degree in related field such as architecture or design, or equivalent relevant experience
• Interested in high-performance building, European systems, being part of team
• Excellent work/life balance (40-hours a week, flex hours, not micro-managed)
• Salary $50,000 - $65,000
• First Rate Health Insurance Plan
• Generous Paid Time Off Allowance