Looking for a thoughtful leader who will continue our progress
For twelve years, Energia, LLC has built a successful building performance company. In a short time Energia has become well respected as a leader in its industry and a model for championing diversity and inclusion in our community. Energia is seeking to build on this success by hiring an energetic and passionate Chief Executive Officer with the vision and skills to take the company to the next level. The CEO oversees a $2.5+ million budget, reporting directly to the company’s board of directors.
Energía, LLC is an employee-owned company that provides building performance services to owners of residential, commercial, municipal and institutional buildings throughout western Massachusetts. Energía’s mission is to create efficient and healthy buildings that transform our communities and environments into thriving places to live and work.
Energia offers a benefits package that eventually includes up to 6 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 12 recognized holidays, along with other employer-paid and optional benefits such as accident, disability, life and dental insurance. Please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail attention Human Resources at Energia, LLC, 242 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.
Board of Directors
$75,000 to $120,000 annually (performance, merit increases and profit sharing available) plus benefits
8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
Oversees all day-to-day operations for the company, with primary responsibility for administration, financial management, lead generation, systems, and partnering. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of management engaged in sales and marketing, scheduling, overseeing installation and consulting services for all building sectors:
· Secures contracts and creates infrastructure required to maintain and grow the company.
· Confers with customers to determine customer needs. May arrange or conduct energy audits or scopes or does take offs from plans. Develops proposals with cost estimates for each job.
· Reads federal program guidelines, journals, and related reports to ensure the company takes advantage of existing programs and to ensure each customer receives as much support from existing government and utility programs as possible.
· Finds creative ways to secure additional conservation and efficiency services for people in limited resource communities and to document the total energy savings on all jobs.
· Studies new developments in energy conservation and efficiency.
· Prepares reporting or arranges for the reporting of labor activities and certified payroll reporting for prevailing wage jobs
· Directs and approves of purchases of equipment, services, and supplies
· Helps collect outstanding business debts
· Prepares or reviews and approves financial budgets and forecasts
· Attends energy seminars, staff meetings, and training sessions to assess effectiveness of all programs and services.
· Participates in and holds public events to educate the public about the value of energy efficiency improvements and the Energía company
· Works to develop literature, community workshops, procedures and programs to engage the communities Energia works in to promote the company's services.
· Analyzes data on the company and prepares reports on each program's effectiveness.
· Researches profitability by job, product line, and building segment
· General supporting duties as needed to support the successful operation of the business.
Directly supervises 3-6 field and office managers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills and qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years experience in management and operation of construction or services businesses or 8-10 years experience in the same fields. Experience with cooperative businesses, mission driven operations, energy efficiency, and sustainable building and business practices is preferred. Management and supervisory experience required. Experience in the building trades is highly preferred.
Fluent English oral and written skills required. Bilingual Spanish oral language skills preferred.
Arithmetic and geometry skills required.
Advanced reasoning and problem solving.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Contractors Licenses required (CSL & HIC).
Building Performance Institute (BPI) or RESNET certifications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Capable of carrying tools and materials walking up stairs, on a ladder, or on uneven ground is preferred. Familiarity with construction and measuring tools preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to work in dusty environments, in rooms with mild mold, mildew, smells or other inhalants.