Aaron Smith is the Director of Sustainable Building Solutions for ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions. He is responsible for embedding sustainability into every facet of the innovative culture at ASSA ABLOY. He also leads the company’s vision for delivering sustainable product innovation, operations, supply chain management and operational excellence to drive sustainableleadership for the ASSA ABLOY Group.
Aaron also oversees his company’s Environmental and Health Product Declaration program driving life cycle assessment, product transparency and healthy materials use across the organization.
He serves on the Board of the Health Product Declaration Collaborative (HPDC), working to drive healthy materials into the built environment; was co-founder of the CT Collaborative – Living Building Challenge; serves on the Board of the CT Sustainable Business Council (CTSBC) and is an EMBA Candidate - Sustainability, Class of 2016, Yale School of Management.
• Transparency – The Foundation for Innovation - Dec 2015 - BizNGO Chemical Footprint 2015 Conference
• Life Cycle Assessment and EPDs – Dec 2015 – Guest Lecturer – Yale University
• Transparency, LCAs, EPDs and HPDs - Oct 2015 - AAMA Fall Conference
• Achieving Healthy Materials – Oct 2015 – CONSTRUCT 2015
• Building Materials, LEED & Health - Sep 2015 – USGBC Missouri Gateway Chapter
• Product Transparency – Roles & Benefits for Purchasers & Suppliers – May 2015 –Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council Summit
• Colorado Green Schools Summit – Nov 2014 – Next Generation Green – Security, Resiliency & Sustainability
• ASIS – Oct 2014 – EAC Impacts on LEED & Sustainability
• Sustainable Brands New Metrics – Sept 2014 – Delivering Integrated Sustainability Reporting
• Yale International Festival of Arts – June 2014 – Buildings Can Help Save the Planet
• GreenBuild – Nov 2013 - Understanding Building Products Through the Lens of LEED v4, Get Your Sales Staff LEED-Ready with a Professional Credential
• Security Exchange – August 2013 – LEED v4 and Green Codes impact on the Security Industry
• Sustainable Facilities Summit – July 2013 – Advancing Materials Transparency
• Canadian Greenbuild – June 2013 - An Equal Challenge: Bringing Healthy Materials to the Mainstream
• Living Future – May 2013 – Transforming the Building Materials Marketplace through Radical Transparency
• GreenBuild – Nov 2012 – Using Your Own Power to Transform the Materials Ecosystem
• Living Future – April 2012 – Understanding Relationships in the Materials Ecosystem
• Opening the Door to Transparency: LEED v4, EPDs & HPDs– Numerous Dates and Locations in 2015
©2021 Northeast Sustainable Energy Association - BuildingEnergy® is a registered trademark of Northeast Sustainable Energy Association