Since 1985, Berkshire Photovoltaic Services Inc. (BPVS) has pioneered off grid and on grid PV systems originally in an area stretching from Washington DC to the islands of Maine. We’re known for innovative solutions and hybrid designs which utilize battery storage so sites can go “off grid” when they are “on grid” or power dedicated loads. Now our new turn key design and install projects focus on the region surrounding the Berkshires of Massachusetts. We always service our own installations wherever they are and are often called on to diagnose and repair problem PV systems orphaned by others.
BPVS is fully licensed (MA HIC 131996) and insured for commercial, institutional and residential PV Systems.
• Performs entry level solar technician tasks at residential & commercial job sites
• Some office work should be expected during downtime: help preparing paperwork for permits or interconnection applications
• Help to keep track of material inventory for upcoming jobs & stock
• Vehicle upkeep: checking for gas, mileage records, maintenance (checking oil, tire pressure, etc.), reporting any issues to management
• Must be comfortable working on roofs & ladders.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Responsible for loading materials for the days job sites.
• Operates various types of hand tools.
• Cleans site of all debris, waste and/or other materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience: Vocational education, carpentry or roofing experience is helpful
• OSHA certification is a plus
• Self starter & demonstrate an eagerness to learn
• Active listening
• Reading comprehension
• Social perceptiveness
Please send resume & cover letter to Becca Martin, VP at Becca@bpvs.com