Passive House Consultant Mike Duclos teaches how to apply Passive House principles in the real world. With a brief nod to theory and computation, this course will mainly focus on tips, tricks, pitfalls, and what to expect when making Passive House a reality. Through case studies, videos, readings, quizzes, and Mike’s guidance you will enhance your ability to be a part of a Passive House project team, the most vital component of any successful Passive House project.
Through the lens of existing Passive House projects, expect to learn:
- How to pitch and promote the PH standard to stakeholders
- Considerations for client management in PH
- Budget evaluation and the feasibility of affordable PH
- How to evaluate the pros and cons of casement, fixed and tilt and turn windows, and other PH considerations
- Site evaluation examples, tips, and tricks
- Common pitfalls to avoid before, during, and after PH design and construction
- Avoiding common Passive House problems: thermal bridging, critters, moisture control, ventilation, etc.
- Climate considerations and implications
- How to assemble, manage and optimize your project team
- Identifying and minimizing project schedule risks